Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Projects Projects and Projects

1. Victorian Shirt - had to start all over again, bought more fabric and everything. It is a period pattern and it is beyond confusing.

  • Ok this shirt is basically done, I have to put the button holes and buttons in but it is done.  So since I hope to have this out of my sewing room tonight that it first on the list.
3. Steampunk outfits- cut out one jacket and started putting it together unfortunately it is not coming out right. So the plan is to take it apart- make sure all the pieces are right then put it together again. Then I need to cut the other out - hopefully by Halloween.

  • One this project, I have got it apart and tonight I take his measurements again. Plan is to have this finished by the end of the weekend. The other jacket - my jacket- is on hold till I get through the holidays.
4. Tudor Gown - Late start on this but I am hoping to get started this week on a gorgeous Tudor gown that I hope to have finished by Dec 15th.  Material I choose is red and gold.

  • This is on hold till after the holidays. Can not find a Dress form in my size and I would really like to have one to work on this project.
5. 6 Henry VIII style doublets - it is for uniforms for Govanen and his students. They will be black and green - not quite sure of the material at this time but this is another project to have done by Dec 15th. It was suggested linen lined wool. So I am gonna check that out this week. 

  • This is the big one, I mean BIG.There are actually 8 jackets that have been commissioned.  Govanen came into the fabric store and looked at all the material there was and decided on black linen.  I added up all the yardage needed and it looks to be about 31 yards of black linen and about 80 buttons those I will probably find online a lot cheaper than in any store.  I started thinking of this project and since it is basically a Christmas present from Govanen and myself to the household I decided that it should be a bit more rounded out so I am making shirts with hopefully blackwork on the collars and cuffs for the senior members of the house and just blackwork on the cuffs for the juniors. Then I thought what about the bottom half. So the boys are getting pants and the girls are getting skirts. So this is going to be ALL that I am working on for the next 2 months. My plan is for the household to wear them to midwinter and look smashing.
So there ya go. My crazy ass plan for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment